10 Fun Vacation Activities
I recently took a group of students to Colorado, the state I’m from. We had a great time, and it made me want to talk about the trip here. So I decided to put up some of my favorite pictures from the trip and talk about some activities that we did. Also, if you feel like seeing more pictures, you can check them out here.
10 FUN THINGS TO DO IN COLORADO
10. Go to Denver. We went to Denver, the capital of Colorado. We walked around town and went to a museum. And, of course, we posed for a picture next to some cow statues!
9. Go to the mountains. In Colorado the mountains are close to most big cities. We woke up really early one morning and climbed this rock after a 1.5-hour hike. The rock is called Horsetooth because it looks a bit like a horse’s tooth.
8. Eat! These are called “s’mores,” which are made with graham crackers, chocolate, and roasted marshmallows. They’re delicious!
7. Rock out with your band! This is actually in a new museum in Fort Collins. They have a big section on music, so Kati, Angela, and my mom played the different xylophones.
6. Go camping. We went to a campground near Grand Lake for two nights. Some of us slept in tents (right), but a lot of us slept in a teepee. We cooked food outside and had a great time!
5. Go hiking. “Hiking” basically means to walk around in the mountains. Here’s a group picture on top of Horsetooth Rock at sunrise.
4. Make a campfire. Here Cristian is roasting a marshmallow over a camp fire on the 4th of July.
3. Be patriotic. We were in Colorado over the 4th of July, which is Independence Day. Here Angela is getting a flag sticker put on her cheek at a neighborhood brunch picnic.
2. Go swimming to cool off. It was really hot while we were in Colorado, so one day we went to Water World, a gigantic water amusement park in Denver.
1. Find the snow to really cool off! If you go high up enough in the mountains of Colorado, there are places that have permanent snow (it’s just kind of dirty in the summer). We stopped at this place to check out the snow and have a little snowball fight.
Bonus! Go biking! There is a bike rental kiosk in Fort Collins that loans out bikes, so we rented bikes and went on a tour of Budweiser and a few other famous breweries in Fort Collins. It was a great day!
So that’s it for now. That’s also why I’ve not written any posts recently, since I was busy planning for the trip. I hope you learned some new vocabulary, and maybe it even inspired you to visit Colorado, or at least to get out and try some new activities!
Thanks for reading, and have a great day!
Latest posts by Sitzman (see all)
- 2017 2nd Bimester Level 10 Assignment 2 – March 31, 2017
- 2017 2nd Bimester Level 10 Homework Assignment – March 15, 2017
- 2017 SATURDAY Class Homework Assignment – February 4, 2017
- 2017 1st Bimester Level 9 Homework Assignment – February 3, 2017
- How to Use Groupon Coupons to Save Money While Living Abroad – January 27, 2017
Welcome! Bienvenidos! Willkommen! Etc.!
Support Sitzman ABC!
If you want to support the site, you can shop at Amazon through this link.
It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and Amazon gives a small kickback to this site. You can also help out by using the links to Amazon products mentioned in posts or advertisements. Thanks!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Subscribe to Sitzman ABC by Email
The topic of I talked about was be a little bird with an human brain, travel to other places or…by Yeritza Jaen / 13 hours ago
1. Write the full quote, including the person who said it Chances area you’ll fall into someone else's…by Michael / 3 weeks ago
If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure…by Santiago / 3 weeks ago
Sitzman ABC’s Photos
As you know if you went to class, last week was Elvis Week. It’s quite possibly the happiest week of the year, so now that it’s over, I’m missing it..
Hello! It’s been a while since our last post, so let’s start with a Quote of the Day. You can read it in the picture I took (above) or below..
Hi there! Here’s the weekly homework assignment for my students. As usual, everyone is welcome to participate, even if you’re not in my class. (And before we continue, yes, that.
Hello! I’ve been traveling a bit this week, so I hadn’t had a chance to post the first weekly homework assignment for my class. This first assignment is pretty basic:.
Hi! I hope you had a good weekend. This assignment will be short and hopefully pretty easy and fast for you. Assignment #2: Write a conditional chain using the first.
Hello and welcome back to the English class! I hope it’s great, and if I can do anything to improve the class, just tell me. Here’s your homework assignment for.
Hello and Happy New Year! In our class this week we were talking about new year’s resolutions, which are like goals or plans that people often make when they start.
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010